Thursday 4 August 2016

People leave and it's okay.



So I was walking home some nights ago and something had me sad and distracted but not distracted enough to not notice this puppy walking behind me.
It took every turn with me probably it thought I was the owner. It had a collar around it neck and looked clean so it was surely not a street dog, it was just lost.
I tried walking faster but that was a dumb idea cause it would run if I seemed too far. At some points I started laughing because it looked like we were playing a game, I would walk faster and it would wait a bit and then run to me.
After a while I started talking to the pup, of course it didn't reply. I mean if it did I would be telling a different story entirely probably titled "How my villagers visited me all the way from Nigeria"
So I started talking to this pup and telling it why I was sad and how I felt alone and weirdly I felt better and when we were approaching my destination I thought about buying canned dog food in the store nearby and feeding it before going into the building but the coins I had on me were not enough so as we got to the entrance I turned and said my goodbyes but the pup looked like it didn't understand what was going on.
From it's reaction I could tell it was a trained pup because it just sat at the entrance probably thinking I would just get something inside and come out and we'll continue our walk but it was a goodbye for me.
Few minutes later I came out and peeped through the hallway window and it was still there. It was now playing around with an empty water can. I felt bad but this was my stopping point, I was home now.
This pup walked with me when I felt alone and it even made me laugh and listened when I wanted to talk but I was home now.
The next day when  I came out, I didn't see the pup around and all I felt was relieve. I told myself it had moved on and probably found it's owner and I wasn't a bad person after all.

The point of all this story is....
People leave.
People leave and sometimes it's not because they want to break your heart or tear down your world it's just cause they have to. It's time. They are home now. They aren't "The One"
People leave and it's not your fault.
People leave and there was nothing you could have done differently.
People leave and there's no one to blame.

People come when you need them or they need you and they leave when they have to.
Expecting someone to stay because you stayed will only get you crushed. You might be home and they aren't and they may be home and you aren't and it's a terrible thing to stay where you don't belong. Sometimes they aren't looking for a home. Maybe they are just nomads and it's time to leave.

People leave. Cry if you have to. Wait if you must but baby, pick yourself up and find your home.

People leave.

You know, maybe it's true what they say "Nothing good lasts forever" but I once heard my best friend say "A thing isn't good because it lasts forever"

People leave.
And sometimes it's not a bad thing.

Baby listen to me,
You are a castle with plenty of food and water
but I am a traveler. 
I am not looking for a home.
I only seek a cup of water and a place to rest for the night
and maybe if am lucky, a plate of food.
I am not here to stay please don't serve me your heart.

- Amarion  


No comments:

Post a Comment