Thursday 11 December 2014

It's really okay to be okay.

       


      
 The first time I heard that Hannah Montana was dead and Miley Cyrus was now a stranger to the entire world, I went all out to defend her. I blamed Liam Hemsworth and I maintained that Miley is still Hannah and she was just going through a phase.
I love Miley a whole lot so I accepted her and still loved her like half of the world did while the other half didn't seem to take her change or phase like i called it well. I read comments online about how she was a slut, a disappointment and lots of others. I felt bad for Miley and at some point I tried defending her on instagram one day and the argument never ended.
When asked in an interview at the end of the year, Miley said "I was so scared of ever being alone and I think conquering that fear this year was actually bigger than any other transition that I had this entire year. I don't ever have to need someone again and you feel without them, you can't be yourself."
So there, there was never a Hannah Montana, she never exist outside the screens of your tv and scripts of Disney show. But there has always been a Miley Cyrus. Scared Miley Cyrus. A girl who loves twerking and believes she looks stupid in pictures so she would rather bring out her tongue so atleast everybody thinks she purposely looked stupid. A passionate singer who has been raise by a country music dad and grandmum but has always loved RnB or Hip-hop or whatever the genre of music she does is called.A girl who loves weed and prefers it to cigarette but since the world said weed is bad, she can't voice it out.
The point is, this girl has always been this way. Always. But to herself. It's not a phase.
Now here's where we all have issues. All of us not just Miley. There are things we love to do, want to do and some of us already do it in our head but since the world say its bad and everyone is in constant pursuit for perfection so they will cut you off if you love "bad", we don't say we love it, we don't do these things and we constantly condemn ourself when we think of this things and that's where things like "I think I need deliverance, I can't stop thinking about wearing short things like the girls in my school, I think their evil spirit is getting to me. I need to be delivered" spring from. We condemn ourselves, our thoughts which some times are just mere curiosity (don't get me wrong, am not saying accommodate all thoughts). Wether we accept it or not, we aren't robots. God didn't create us and programme our minds to be a one direction fan. We get curious. We feel comfortable with a way of life no matter how no one else sees it. We want to explore. I have always wondered how kissing a girl would be like and no it doesn't make me gay. This is the human mind. The truth is our mind, our heart are too big to be controlled by rules and regulations even God knew that and he abolished laws for Grace and Believe.
My boyfriend said to me one day "I really really want a tattoo but I was taught growing up that it is wrong." I held his hand and told him to simply unlearn what he has learnt then we will get matching tattoos of our favorite thing which I am sure is Matia chicken burger.
Now it's hard to unlearn what we have been taught to be sorry for, to hate, to condemn, to criticize. I for one will know.  And there are no rules to how to do this, you just have to understand that this place called Earth is bigger, smaller, crazier, messier, more beautiful than you can ever imagine and the only way is have a heart and open your heart to it all.
Life is one big messy ball. Nothing is right, nothing is wrong only some things are not necessary. Things that are necessary to me like falling inlove with a boy might be unnecessary to another lady like Ellen deGeneres who fell madly inlove with a female and it doesn't make it wrong.
We all have the right to live our lives apologetically and not be in constant fear of who will leave if we decide to be or try something new. We are under no obligation to be the same person we were five minutes ago.
We can deny it all we want and condemn people who chose to not fit in a box and not stick to the status quo but most of us are scared to be something or say something or believe in something because we don't want people to find us less desirable to be with.
I have seen girls who do not say what they want to say, wear what they want to wear, look the way they want to look even eat the way they want to eat because it will make them less desirable to men and you know we have been taught marriage is the ultimate so we all want to get married. I have heard things like "until married, a girl can never be a woman" but what happens after marriage?
You will have to censor yourself more to keep him or divorce if you can't and in extreme cases, suicide.
"Start the way you want to finish" words from my ever wise bestfriend.
Be yourself. Do what the hell you want to do. Say what the fuck you want to say, anyone who wants to leave should leave, you have always been the place.
You are the book, you are the writer, you are the hero and you do not need saving. You do not have to lose yourself to gain someone. Find who you are, what you love and let it kill you. You should not have to stand at the door of someone's life begging to be let in. You should not dig into you chest and hand your bloody heart to people who have no plans to stay. If they wanted your heart, they would have broken down your rib cage to get it.
Many of us look into the mirror everyday and we see the perfect make up, the awesome shirt, the pretty bow-tie, the nice hair, we see everything else but ourselves. It's okay to be okay. To love what you love. To be who you are. It's okay.
DO NOT PHOTOSHOP YOURSELF FOR ANYONE
At the end of the day, the decisions you make only you get to regret or enjoy.
This is what Miley found out when she said "fuck it, I have always wanted to try out life this way and you all are free to leave if you want to."
Do what is necessary for you, the world has two options. Accept it or fuck off.

No comments:

Post a Comment